Meet Mohammad Akif!

International Tax, Cross-Border and Expatriate Tax Expert
for Individuals and Entrepreneurs

Founder of 

What are cross-border taxes?

Hey Mohammad, I recently moved to Canada and have no idea about cross-border tax. Can you please explain this concept in a short paragraph?


The income you earn from a country other than your home country is considered taxable. For example, you are a U.S. Canadian resident and earn your income from Canada. 

The laws in such cases will ask to file taxes for both countries. This is generally also referred to as cross-border taxation. It involves a lot of complex procedures and requires years of training to interpret treaties and laws for taxation. Consult a professional CPA if you’re struggling to figure out your cross-border taxes.

Need More Help? Contact Mohammad