Meet Mohammad Akif!

International Tax, Cross-Border and Expatriate Tax Expert
for Individuals and Entrepreneurs

Founder of 

Do I have to pay double tax for Canada and US?

Hi Mohammad, I’m a dual citizen of the US and Canada. Should I pay double taxes?

Yes, they normally do. A Canadian resident who is a U.S. citizen would pay tax to the U.S. IRS and then would pay to the Canadian revenue agency as well.

Need More Help? Contact Mohammad