Meet Mohammad Akif!

International Tax, Cross-Border and Expatriate Tax Expert
for Individuals and Entrepreneurs

Founder of 

What are some basic tax forms to file US taxes while living in Canada?

Hey Mohammad, I recently moved to Canada from the US. Can you please let me know all the forms that I need to fill out while living in Canada under cross-border taxes?

Here some routine forms you need to file:

– Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
– Form 2555, Foreign Earned Income Exclusion.
– Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit.
– Form 8938, Specified Foreign Financial Assets.
– Form 8621, Passive Foreign Investment Corporations
– Form 8833, Treaty Based Position Disclosure
– FinCen Report 114, Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts

Need More Help? Contact Mohammad